SHORT AND LONG TERM
Effects of Alcohol Misuse
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
- Liver disease
- Digestive problems
- Weakening of the immune system
- Learning and memory problems
- Mental health problems
- Social problems
- Alcohol use disorders or alcohol dependency
Signs Of Alcohol Misuse For College Students
A student misses any scheduled event because of the effects of alcohol consumption
A students grades begin to drop as a result of not turning in assignment due to alcohol consumption
Inability To Walk
What is alcohol misuse?
Alcohol misuse for women
More Than One Drink A Day On Average
Alcohol misuse for men
What is binge drinking?
Binge Drinking for women
More than 4 drinks in a two hour time frame
Binge Drinking for men
More than 5 drinks in a two hour time frame
Defining Common Alcohol Misuse Terms
A pattern of alcohol consumption that puts individuals at increased risk for adverse health and social consequences.
Any individual who consumes alcohol and is under the legal age (21 years of age).
High Intensity Drinking
- 8 or more drinks per week for a woman
- 10 or more drinks per week for a man
Also known as alcoholism, experiencing withdrawal symptoms, loss of control, or alcohol tolerance.
- 4 or more drinks in a two hour timeframe for a woman
- 5 or more drinks in a two hour timeframe for a man
- binge drinking
- high-intensity drinking
- any alcohol use by a pregnant woman or anyone under the age of 21